Satisfy your craving for sweetness with this irresistible macaron recipe with dark chocolate ganache
Do you have a craving for dessert that never leaves you? Look no further than this delicious macaron recipe with rich dark chocolate ganache. These little treats are the perfect combination of crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a creamy, decadent filling that will make you want to eat more. Whether you are an expert pastry chef or novice in the kitchen, this recipe will win you over with its elegant presentation and its irresistible flavour. So why not treat yourself to a little sweetness today?
Whip up a batch of these delicious macarons and satisfy your sweet tooth in style.
What is dark chocolate ganache?
Dark chocolate ganache is a cream made from chocolate and cream. It is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many confectionery preparations. Its creamy consistency is ideal for filling macarons. Furthermore, the intense flavor of the dark chocolate pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the macarons, creating a perfect pairing. We suggest the Dark Chocolate and Mirto di Sardegna variant. Mixed with organic sheep's ricotta for a mix of intense and rich flavors of great charm. A unique spreadable cream, with cocoa and essential oil cold extracted from Sardinian Myrtle.
Ingredients needed for Macarons with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 110 g of almond flour
- 200 g of icing sugar
- 100 g egg whites (about 3 eggs)
- 50 g of granulated sugar
- 100 g of dark chocolate (or our Dark and Mirto spreadable cream )
- 100 ml of fresh cream
- 250 g of sheep's ricotta
- 90 g of Shockino spreadable cream - Dark and Myrtle
- 20 g of icing sugar
Procedure for preparing Macarons with Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Sift the almond flour and icing sugar into a bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with the granulated sugar.
- Slowly add the almond flour and icing sugar mixture to the whipped egg whites, folding in gently with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a plain nozzle.
- Form discs of approximately 3 cm in diameter on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Leave the macarons to rest for 20-30 minutes, until the surface feels dry to the touch.
- Bake the macarons for about 15 minutes, until they are golden.
- Allow the macarons to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream until it starts to boil.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and mix until it has melted completely. Alternatively, use our Dark and Mirto spreadable cream.
- Leave the dark chocolate ganache to cool until it has reached the right consistency.
- Once the macarons are cold, fill them with the dark chocolate ganache.
- Use egg whites at room temperature.
- Sift the almond flour and icing sugar to avoid any lumps.
- Gently incorporate the ingredients to avoid breaking down the egg whites.
- Leave the macarons to rest before baking them to ensure the formation of the characteristic crust.
- Do not open the oven while the macarons are cooking.
- Allow the macarons to cool completely before filling them to prevent the ganache from melting.
Serving and storing Macarons
Macarons with dark chocolate ganache can be served as a dessert after a meal or as a mid-afternoon treat. To store them, it is advisable to place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a maximum of 3 days.
Frequently asked questions about Macarons
- Are macarons difficult to prepare?
- Preparing macarons can be challenging, but by following the recipe and advice, you can achieve exceptional results.
- Can I use dark chocolate ganache for other sweet preparations?
- Of course, dark chocolate ganache can be used to fill cakes, tarts and other desserts.
- Can I replace the almond flour with other flour?
- No, almond flour is a fundamental ingredient for the preparation of macarons.